This website (the Site) is owned and operated by Ark Hospitality Group and its related entities.
We collect and hold Personal Information in order to perform our business requirements. If you cannot or will not provide us with Personal Information, you may not be able to use our services to the fullest extent.
1. What Personal Information do we collect?
In the course of your using of the Site, we may collect your Personal Information such as your name, date of birth, address, email address, age, sex, marital status, contact details, occupation, preferences, personal interests, financial information and payment details (credit card information).
We may also collect the following information for marketing purposes and to improve the functionality of the Site:
• your server address;
• domain name;
• the date and time of your visit to the Site;
• the pages viewed and information downloaded;
• the previous sites visited; and
• the type of browser used.
Page 2 of 6
2. How do we collect your Personal Information?
We may collect your Personal Information using various means such as:
• directly from you e.g. through the Site, membership or application forms, competitions or promotions;
• from public domain e.g. your business website;
• from social media networks where we have a connection e.g. facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter;
• from your business partners/associates;
• by your usage of the Site e.g. the pages that you visit, what links you click.
• through reservations made by yourself or on your behalf
3. How do we use your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
• to provide products and services to you that you have requested
• to send information updates, marketing materials and newsletters to you
• informing you of upcoming events, promotions or offers
• we may disclose your Personal Information to other businesses who assist us in providing products or services or who perform functions on our behalf
• to verify your identity and membership status
• to conduct credit checks (if necessary)
• to improve our products and services, our website and directory
We may also use Personal Information for other purposes which are related to those listed above and which will be made clear to you at the time of collection or for such other purposes permitted by law.
4. To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties but only on a needs basis. These third parties may include:
• our agents, consultants or contractors;
• marketing providers and promotional agencies;
• our related entities;
• our professional advisers;
Page 3 of 6
• credit reporting agencies;
• transport or mail houses.
When we disclose your Personal Information with a third party, we will generally require the third party to handle your Personal Information in accordance this policy. Some third parties may be located in overseas countries where Australian law does not apply.
We strive to ensure the security of your Personal Information and we take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from:
a) from misuse, interference and loss; and
b) from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will review and update our physical and data security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over mobile data and communication services can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
In addition, our employees and contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by us.
We will do everything reasonably within our power and control to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from any unauthorised use or access to your Personal Information.
6. Accuracy of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information held by us largely depends on the accuracy of the information that you supplied to us. If at any time you discover that any information concerning you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us to correct the information.
From time to time, we may send emails containing marketing materials or promotions of our products and services to you. By your use of the Site and/or our services, you consent to us doing so. However, you may unsubscribe from these marketing materials
Page 4 of 6
at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe option or by sending an email to us. We will remove you from the mailing list.
8. Access to your Personal Information and Complaints
Your privacy is very important to us and we take the matter very seriously. If you have any concerns about your privacy or how your Personal Information is being handled, please contact us at the email address at the bottom of this policy. We will take steps to address your concerns and we aim to provide you with a written response within 21 days (and in any event within 30 days). If you have a genuine reason to access your Personal Information held by us, we will give access to the information in the manner you requested, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
Sometimes, cookies may collect and store your Personal Information. We treat such information in the same manner as other Personal Information that you provide to us.
You can deactivate the cookies by resetting your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, the Site and our services may not function properly if you disable the cookies.
10. Third Party Sites
11. Contact Us
Page 5 of 5
12. Further Privacy Information
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Government, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website. http://www.privacy.gov.au.